NANB Career Opportunity: Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors
Department: Executive Office
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer and Registrar
Language Requirement: Bilingual essential (English and French)
The Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB) is responsible for regulating Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners in New Brunswick in the interest of public protection through safe, competent, and ethical nursing care. NANB is seeking to employ 1bilingual individual to join the Executive Office as Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Registrar, this new position acts as the liaison to the Board, its committees and NANB Leadership Team, and administers a variety of functions for the Board. As part of the team, the incumbent will be a key player in bringing about the organization’s desired results.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Administer a variety of functions for the Board and provide advanced administrative support, including document control, review and analysis.
- Ensure the coordination of Board projects and activities.
- Support and participate in all Board and committee meetings.
- Act as assistant and primary communication contact to the Board and committee members.
- Foster effective relations with provincial and federal government representatives and all other stakeholders.
- Support and participate to the annual general meeting.
- Assist in completing and reviewing expense forms and tabulating receipts for approval.
- Provide assistance in the creation, development, review and maintenance of policies and procedures for the Board, committees and executive office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including discretion in handling matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and follow up on responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgement with ability to make informed decisions.
- Progressive knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and the application of those policies and procedures.
- Bilingualism: superior written and verbal communication skills, in both official languages.
- High level of integrity, discretion and professionalism in all interactions.
- Superior competencies in management of confidential and sensitive documents and correspondence.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
Education and Credentials
- Post-secondary education in business administration or office management.
- 5-10 years related experience and/or any combination of equivalent education and experience with a strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Demonstrated high-level competency in relevant office management software.
- Demonstrated competence in process improvement and concepts of efficiency.
- Experience as an executive assistant in a nonprofit organization would be an asset.
Employer of Choice
As an employer of choice, NANB values a work environment that supports work life balance and offers a competitive progressive salary and benefits package.
Salary: $65,000 to $75,000 per year.
The office of NANB is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Remote, in-office, or hybrid working models are possible, from the Greater Fredericton Area. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest with resume, to email@example.com
NANB thanks all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.