NANB Career Opportunity: Administrative Assistant and Receptionist
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Language Requirement: Bilingual essential (English and French)
The Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB) is responsible for regulating Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners in New Brunswick in the interest of public protection through safe, competent, and ethical nursing care. NANB is seeking to employ 1bilingual individual to join the organization as Administrative Assistant and Receptionist.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this new position provides services at NANB reception desk and administrative support to the Director of Operations and the Director of Policy, Risk and Compliance. Some responsibilities also include supporting the Registration Team. The key duties include coordinating business communication, directing phone calls, responding to general inquiries, and managing meeting schedules. The Administrative Assistant and Receptionist performs general clerical work for the assigned departments, creates and maintains recordkeeping systems, schedules appointments, takes messages for staff, facilitates communication with the public, and participates in all meetings as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
1. Provide general administrative support to the Director of Operations, the Director of Policy, Risk and Compliance, and other Leadership Team members as required.
2. Provide support to the Registration Team.
3. Greet visitors and the public and help them navigate through the office.
4. Maintain security by following procedures, monitoring door security system, and issuing visitor badges.
5. Answer the phone and respond appropriately to all incoming communications.
7. Plan and coordinate meetings and other activities, make travel arrangements.
8. Write down minutes and meeting summaries and follow-up on action items.
9. Run errands, as required.
10. Pick up supplies and office equipment while maintaining office workspace, including printer and photocopier areas, tidy and functional.
11. Fill in forms and documents, send and receive fax and emails.
12. Manage various files as needed.
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages (listen, read, write, speak).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including discretion in handling matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Integrity, discretion, and professionalism in all interactions.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Excellence in communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work; manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use multiple computer platforms including Microsoft 365 Office.
- Organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Take responsibility and accountability for their actions.
- Able to respond appropriately to a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Able to accommodate and be flexible with working hours as may be required.
Education and Credentials
- Post-secondary education in office administration or other related diploma or relevant years of experience will be considered.
- Three years of related experience and/or any combination of equivalent education and experience with a strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- High-level competency in relevant office management software.
Employer of Choice
As an employer of choice, NANB values a work environment that supports work life balance and offers a competitive progressive salary and benefits package.
Salary: $50,000 to $55,000 per year, depending on education and experience.
The office of NANB is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest with resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
NANB thanks all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.