Standards and Documents
NANB practice standards set out the requirements for nurses’ practice. They link with other guidelines, policies and bylaws of NANB and all legislation relevant to nursing practice.
NANB is responsible for setting standards for its members. These include:
- Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses
- Entry-Level Competencies for Nurse Practitioners
- Practice Standard: Medication Administration
- Standards for Documentation
- Standards for Infection Prevention and Control
- Standards for the Practice of Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioners
- Standards for the Therapeutic Nurse-Client Relationship
- Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses
If you need assistance in applying these standards to your nursing practice, contact NANB Practice Support by email at email@example.com or call (506)458-8731, Toll-free 1-800-442-4417.
NANB also sets standards and conditions related to the scope of practice for nurse practitioners. Please visit our NP Section for additional information.
NANB provides practice documents and other resources that promote safe, competent and ethical nursing care.Visit our Resource Library section for a complete listing available for downloading.