(Disponible en anglais seulement)
If you’re a healthcare professional, researcher, policy maker or student working in obesity and want to learn, share and network with an international lineup of experts, look no further than the 7th Canadian Obesity Summit.
Obesity Canada-Obésité Canada (OC) is Canada’s authoritative voice on evidence-based approaches for obesity prevention, treatment and policy. Our mission is to improve the lives of Canadians through obesity research, education and advocacy. OC is a registered charity that works with Canadian and international experts, an army of passionate patient advocates and private- and public-sector partner organizations to right the historic wrongs that people living with obesity have faced. In 2020, Obesity Canada and the Canadian Association of Bariatric Physicians and Surgeons launched the new CanadianAdult Obesity Clinical Practice Guidelines, which was the #1 read article from CMAJ in 2020.
The Summit is a biennial conference that brings together professional obesity stakeholders for a collegial, engaging learning experience. This year, it’s an interactive online experience, with a few twists. The goals of this Summit are:
● To provide an interactive forum to share current understanding of the causes, complications, prevention and management approaches for obesity
● To profile obesity research from epidemiology and public health to cell biology, energy regulation, clinical management and health policy
● To support students and new professionals and increase interdisciplinary capacity among future obesity researchers and health professionals
The program of the Canadian Obesity Summit is organized around the following themes:
● Environmental and Socio-Cultural Determinants
● Behavioural and Biological Determinants
● Prevention, Management and Rehabilitation
● Health Economics and Policy
● Sessions will be interactive, with a mix of live and on-demand recorded presentations, live Q&A, networking capabilities and offline access to all content for three months post-Summit for paid delegates.
● Obesity Canada (OC) and the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) will offer our virtual flagship scientific conferences simultaneously May 10-13, 2021. Delegates will be able to save on joint registration for both events, with access to recorded sessions. To kickstart the Canadian Obesity Summit there will be a joint session co-hosted by OC and EASO on weight bias & stigma. Information on ECO 2021 can be found here.
● The Canadian Obesity Student Meeting – run by and for students and new professionals – will run concurrently with the Summit.
● Registration is open!
● Early bird registration close: March 12, 2021 at 11:59pm PST
If there are any questions, please contact Nicole Pearce at email@example.com